Our Privacy NoticeTo Be Obia respects your privacy rights and recognizes the importance of protecting your personal information (or “personal data”). Our Privacy Notice describes the kinds of personal information we collect, why we collect it, how we share it, and choices we give you.
What does this Privacy Notice cover?
Our Privacy Notice applies to the collection and processing of personal information by To Be Obia and our subsidiaries and affiliated companies acting on our behalf (collectively “To Be Obia” or “we”, “us”, or “our”). This Privacy Notice applies only to personal information collected about you as a consumer through the To Be Obia network of websites (for example, tobeobia.com), as well as features, services, events, and communications provided by To Be Obia where this Privacy Notice is posted (“Services”).
Our international affiliates and third-party websites or apps that our Services link to, or with whom we may have a presence, or with whom we may license use of our trademarks and copyrights, may collect and use personal information for their own purposes. Where they do so, their respective privacy notices apply. Please review the respective terms and privacy notices of these entities to learn how they process your personal information.
What personal information is collected about you?
We don’t require personal information to use many of our Services. If you choose not to disclose personal information, however, you will not be able to enjoy certain features of our Services.
Information you provide to us
The types of personal information we collect directly from you include, for example:
- Contact information: such as your first and last name, email address, telephone number, postal address, and non-To Be Obia account IDs.
- Content and files: data and content you share or upload, such as photos (including any metadata included in your photos and content).
- Payment information: for example, credit card numbers or financial account information if you purchase a product or service from us or claim a refund
- Demographic information: information about you tied to your personal information, such as your age and/or date of birth, gender, country/region of residence, hobbies, and toy and game preferences.
Information we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain information when you use our Services. For example:
- Identifiers and device information: such as your device type, operating system type, browser type, device ID, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and other software including type, version, language, settings, and configuration. Our website and online services store and retrieve data using cookies set on your device.
- Usage data: such as what website you were on that brought you to our website, when you used our Services and for how long, what pages and content you accessed, and features you used on our Services.
- Geolocation data: with your consent, the Services may access precise geolocation data on your mobile device to enable features and deliver content based on your current location.
Information we create or generate
We derive other information from the other data we collect about you, and we may combine this with other personal information to generate information about your likely preferences or other characteristics (“inferences”). For example, we infer your general location from your IP address.
Information we obtain from third-party sources
In limited circumstances, we also obtain information from third parties. We protect information obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the information. These third-party sources include, for example:
- Service Providers: third parties may collect any of the categories of personal information described above to provide services on our behalf, including to help us determine your device’s general location based on its IP address to customize certain products to your location, provide you a more convenient experience, and provide additional security measures to protect our Services; and
- Social Networks: where the information, including your name, user name, and content you post, is publicly available to us, we may use such data for purposes such as measuring public reaction to the Services and to To Be Obia.
Cookies and Tracking
Our websites use a variety of technical methods for collecting and tracking device information and usage data, including web beacons, cookies, local storage, and device IDs.
How is your personal information used?
We use your personal information to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill your requests in performing our contract with you, or based on consent where we have requested it or where required by law, and for our legitimate business objectives, including for the following business purposes:
- Business Operations: to provide you with and operate, maintain, optimize, and improve our products, services, operations, and the security of our Services, including to perform operational tasks such as billing, accounting, communicating, and fulfilling your transactions for products and
- Product and Service Delivery: to personalize content and experiences on our Services, including providing you recommendations based on your preferences;
- Marketing: to deliver and personalize your notifications, communications, newsletters, advertisements, offers, event notices, and promotions for products and services of To Be Obia and our third-party partners;
- Product Improvement, Development, and Research: to develop information to understand you based on demographics, your activity on our Services, responses to surveys, or activity on third-party websites and applications, including for purposes of troubleshooting and improving our Services; to conduct market research and perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of our Services and their purchasing patterns;
- Communications: to send and display administrative communications about To Be Obia and our partners and our respective products and services;
- Security of Services: to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that are unauthorized, may violate our terms and policies, or may be illegal, such as fraudulent activity or security violations; and
- Customer Support: to provide customer support and respond to your questions submitted to us.
With the exception of payment information, which is used solely for accounting, billing, order fulfillment, and fraud prevention purposes, all of the categories of information described in Section 2 are used for each of the purposes described above.
For the purposes listed above, we may also link or combine information about you with other personal information we receive from third parties. We also use personal information in settings and for the purposes described below.
We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries or regions that may not have the same types of data protection laws as those in your country.
How is your personal information shared?
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- With your consent; for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own purposes, subject to their separate privacy policies
- With third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who work for us and need to access your personal information to do that work, including for business purposes that require access to our systems that hold personal information (such as supplying cloud data storage, maintaining the security of our systems, and providing customer support). In the past 12 months, we have disclosed to vendors all of the categories of personal information described in Section
- If you’ve selected options available through our Services to publicly display your name and/or username and your other information
- If appropriate to (a) comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal processes, including, for example, to comply with a court order or subpoena; (b) protect the rights and property of To Be Obia, our agents, our customers, and others, including to enforce our terms, policies, rules, and agreements; (c) protect the safety and security of any person; and/or (d) protect the safety and security of To Be Obia’s and our partners’ Services, websites, and applications
- In connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction, or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets for use in accordance with applicable law
How long do we keep your personal information?
To Be Obia keeps your personal information for as long as appropriate to maintain your accounts, to provide Services, to fulfill your requests, for legal compliance and enforcement purposes, and for resolving disputes. Actual retention periods depend on a variety of factors, such as the type of product, the type and sensitivity of the data, business needs, customer expectations and needs, the types of available user controls, and the form in which the data is stored.
What choices do you have about processing your personal information?
We provide you with various controls over your personal information, for example:
- You can access and update the contact information you gave us during registration by visiting the “My Account” and choose “Account Details” section on tobeobia.com.
- You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with requests to delete, access, and update your personal information.
- You can opt out of our promotional emails by clicking “unsubscribe” in those emails.
- You can choose to block and/or remove all cookies and local storage.
- You can also opt out of many of the third-party analytics and advertising cookies
- You can prevent tracking of emails we send you by changing your settings to turn off HTML or disable downloading of images. In addition, you may also unsubscribe from our marketing emails by following the instructions in those emails.
What steps do we take to safeguard your personal information?
We implement technical, organizational, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and improper use. However, please understand that despite our best efforts, no security measure is perfect or impenetrable.
Information for individuals
You have the following rights:
- A right to be informed of the ways in which we use your information.
- A right to request from To Be Obia access to personal data, including (i) the categories and specific pieces of information we have collected about you, (ii) the categories of sources collected, (iii) the purpose for collecting or using the information, and (iv) the third parties with whom we share your personal information; and rectification or deletion/erasure of personal information under certain circumstances and subject to a number of exceptions, and certain rights to data portability.
- A right to object to the processing of your personal data or obtain a restriction of such processing under certain circumstances.
- A right to have your personal data transferred to another organization should it be technically feasible for To Be Obia to do so.
- If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, a right to withdraw consent at any time (without affecting the lawfulness of processing before its withdrawal)
- There may be exceptions to these rights in certain circumstances, and where you cannot exercise a right due to an exception, we will provide that
How to contact us about your personal information and this Privacy Notice
If you have questions or comments about our data practices or this Privacy Notice, you can contact us or our data protection officer at:
Address: 2800 Old Dawson Rd, Albany, GA 31707
How will you know if we amend this Privacy Notice?
We may amend this Privacy Notice at any time by changing the last updated date. If we make material changes to how we collect, use, or share your personal information, we will describe the changes, and, if required by law, seek your consent for such changes.